About three weeks ago...
Crazy wont even begin to describe my night. I finally wanted to come out to my parents. I was planning for days on how I wanted to do it. A funny way maybe? A few days earlier my mom and I were talking about bicurious people for three hours debating and talking about it. She was worried about how it would become all about the boys, girls kissing each other trying to impress the guys. We were debating about what being "bicurious" means. That day in the car it was like my mom almost noticed something. Like she was wondering why I had brought up exploring your sexuality. The other night my dad asked, "Why haven't we seen any boys here lately?" Asking about my love life I told him I was taking a break from guys. I asked him what he would do if my little brother was gay he answers, "I don't know." I then asked him if he was gay would my dad allow him to have sleepovers. He replies "I never thought about it I guess because your little brother is so obviously straight!" He and I laugh about this. I wanted to tell him first so he and I would have a secret together. But I couldn't tell him. I was at home, it's almost dark. Well it's pretty much dark. I was sippping coffee and my parents are putzing around in the kitchen.
Me:How do you handle surprises
Mom: Depends on the surprise
Me: What if it was good but maybe bad too?
Mom: Well if you were gay it would be a good surprise because we would know you had been withholding a big secret and that would be hard on you
Me: What if I was gay?
Mom:We would accept you
Me:Could you see me being gay?
Mom: I dont know... Maybe... Why... Are you gay?
She says this last comment laughing a little... Well I guess now is as good a time as any...
Me: I'm bisexual
She starts laughing and then says, "Your kidding right?" She laughs again so I shake my head when she looks at me. She looks shocked and then says something. I start crying. Hearing those words aloud. It was like saying it out loud like that was like me coming to terms with the fact that I was bisexual. They both come and sit with me both comforting me hugging me. It was like the best reaction I could have hoped for. We sit for a little while and talk about it. I asked my mom if she can see it fitting me. She said she is so surprised but it fits with my personality.We keep talking and seeing how both my parents are okay with this helps me a lot. Now I can finally embrace that part of myself fully. I am Bisexual.
No comments:
Post a Comment