What is it like to like both genders?
Sometimes it rocks!
You really understand guys because you both have one huge thing in common! Women! You can talk about girls you like, issues you are having with your girlfriend, and your on the same page! Most guys when I tell them I am bisexual say, "Awesome" and we launch into a conversation about women!
The other perk about being bisexual is girls are usually okay with it because you still like men and so you still can talk about guys together.
The gay community can be very accepting and you can talk with lesbian friends about women.
Sometimes it is not so great....
Sometimes if you tell a straight girl they can look at you weirdly and feel uncomfortable. There is also a big part that you don't have in common, you also like women and they don't.
Sometimes lesbians can say to you "Make up your mind" or dislike the fact that you like men and will say things like, "Well you're not like me you like men."
When both groups don't like the fact that you prefer both genders you can kind of be out on your own island. It can be hard to find people you can relate to because being bisexual is a thing by itself.
Another issue is guys can be really disrespectful about your attraction to women and think it is only a sexual thing and say things like "That is hot" and not respect the fact that being bisexual is about loving someone and isn't a game.
Finally, a lot of people say things to you like "It is a phase" or "Everyone experiments."
Let me clarify my girlfriends are not science experiments. I don't inject them with green goo and just date them to play around. I date them because I have feelings for them and am attracted to them. It is also not a phase unless a phase is something that you remain as for the rest of your life. I believe you are born bisexual and I want my relationships with women to be honored as what it really is, romantic love that I have for another person.


No comments:
Post a Comment