This is about sexuality and what it is like to be a bisexual female. It is about navigating the world when you like both genders.
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Gay Marriage
One of the political issues I would like to bring up is gay marriage. There is a lot of rights that a marriage has for a couple. If you are straight I would ask that you educate people on gay people or bisexuals, that our message is really about love so that we may have the right to marry who we love one day. If you are bisexual or gay I hope you are spreading the message so that we can make marriage for homosexual couples legal one day. I would love one day to have the love I have for another person honored in case I marry someone of the same gender. Imagine not being able to visit the love of your life in the hospital with their last final minuets of their life because you are not related and your relationship is not honored by law... Lets change that! Please vote in favor of gay marriage, and support same sex marriage.
Some of the rights that gay marriage would give to same sex-couples are:
-Better or lower cost insurance
-Can pay a lot less for taxes
-Their partner can gain power of attorney,health care decisions, and inheritance rights
- They can be on the same insurance (like for their company they can put their partner on their insurance plan)
-Estate tax
The benefits of gay marriage studies have shown:
- Less stress in households
-In places where gay marriage is illegal couples have shown to have the highest level of "Minority Stress"
-It encourages monogamy and safe long term committed relationships setting positive examples
This list is just SOME of the benefits
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment