Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bisexual Myths

Common Myths on Bisexuality are everywhere! I would like to clear some of the most common ones up!

"Everyone is bisexual"

This is NOT true. So many people are straight.  It is common for people to occasionally feel attraction towards someone of the same gender, this attraction usually passes for most people. If you have an attraction to someone of the same gender once, or have kissed a girl, it doesn't make you a bisexual. Bisexuals are physically, emotionally, and spiritually attracted to both genders and it is something that does not change throughout their lives.

"Bisexuals spread sexually transmitted diseases, and are 'Dirty'"

Just because a bisexual can have sex with both genders doesnt mean they don't practice safe sex. Bisexuals can use protection. Just because they are bisexual does not mean they have a higher rate of contracting a disease.


"Bisexuals can't be monogamous"

Bisexuals can date one person for their whole life be it a guy or girl.  They can date several men and women or they can be with one person their whole life, just as a straight person could be with several people or one person.


"Bisexuals don't exist"

I am going to let you in on a secret... were real! I know, I know its shocking, its like finding out the Easter Bunny is real! We can fall in love with a guy or a girl. We could be physically attracted to men or women.  And as a bisexual who is blogging this I can tell you I am sure of who I like and the people I am attracted to.

"Bisexuals Like Everyone"

Not true.  Just as a straight girl likes guys it doesn't mean she likes every guy, it is the gender she is attracted to.  For me personally (and other bisexuals as well) there are certain people we are attracted to and certain people we aren't attracted to.  I find some women and men attractive and some women and men I am not attracted to at all.
 


If you would like to read more visit the link below.

http://www.uic.edu/depts/quic/bisandallies/myths.html

or Check this site out

http://www.alternet.org/sex/149710/9_stupid_myths_about_bisexuals_that_will_make_you_laugh/

No comments:

Post a Comment